ESG / SustainabilityView our ESG/Sustainability Plan 2023
A leader in
We are dedicated to minimizing our carbon footprint and reducing the environmental impact of our business on the planet.
Syblon Reid recognizes the actual and potential impacts we have on the environment, our people, and local economies and understand our role in supporting and advancing the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a framework to guide efforts by companies, governments, and civil society to address the world’s most pressing needs.
Syblon Reid is committed to the implementation of sustainable practices at all levels. Compliance with environmental requirements is at the forefront of the development, design, and construction of our projects, as we seek to minimize our carbon footprint in the short and long term. This involves a commitment to developing our employees and protecting both the broader communities where we operate and the natural environment. You can learn about our efforts to achieve a more sustainable future by viewing our sustainability plan.
Syblon Reid's approach to a sustainable future
Over the years, Syblon Reid has made significant progress in embedding sustainability across our operations. We work responsibly to ensure we create value for our employees, partners, stakeholders, and communities.
We work daily to maximize our positive impact on the planet and provide optimal living and working environments while minimizing our negative impacts.
We operate ethically, effecting sustainable change without hampering long-term financial performance.
Our aspirations for sustainability
- Increase opportunities for recycling on-site
- Establish a Sustainable Procurement Program
- Develop framework for onsite waste management
- Increase the share of renewable energy in the energy mix as new technologies become available
- Increase use of renewable energy on project sites
- Implement systems to manage readiness to respond to new markets in the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Support the longevity of the company by monitoring the company’s ability to be resilient and adapt to changing climate conditions
- Continue to implement and monitor a proactive safety culture promoting safe behavior and open reporting/analysis of incidents
- Engage our clients on sustainability topics to understand their current and future needs, and work to align our values
- Increase community engagement and interactions
- Implement a proactive tracking system, by project, for all regulatory and permit compliance requirements
- Participate in industry resource groups to contribute to the understanding of environmental impacts of the construction industry
- Formalize and communicate strong business ethics programs